Monday, November 30, 2009

Some UPSC Questions of History

343. The "Deccan ulcer ruined Aurangzeb". This statement is valid because of the stubborn fight put up by the
(a) State of Golconda
(b) Marathas
(c) State of Ahmadnagar
(d) State of Bijapur
344. Which of the following statements are true about the Mughal admin­istration?
I. It was mainly military in char­
acter
II. It was highly centralized III. It was carried on strictly ac­
cording to Islamic laws
IV. The emperor was assisted by
a number of ministers (a) I, II and IV (b) I and IV
(c) I and III (d) II and IV
345. The word Mansab stood for
(a) a piece of land
(b) a rank
(c) an office
(d) a grade of pay
346. Which of the following system is associated with Todar Mal?
(a) Zabti (b) Nasaq
(c) Kankut (d) Dahsala
347. Tobacco was introduced for cul­tivation during the reign of
(a) Akbar
(b) Sher Shah Suri
(c) Jahangir
(d) Aurangzeb
348. Which of the following are true with regard to the buildings of Akbar?
I. They were based on accurate
systems and were highly deco­rative
II. Mostly made of red sandstone
III. The pillars' shafts are gener­
ally many-sided and have
bracketed-capitals
IV. The walls were artistically
painted and the ceilings were
in gold or in colours
(a) II and III
(b) II, III and IV
(c) I, II, III and IV
(d) I and IV
349. What is meant by 'pietra dura'?
(a) A fusion of Persian and In­
dian features
(b) Construction of buildings with
glazed tiles and marble
(c) Decorated ceilings with min­
iature paintings
(d) Decorating walls with floral
designs made of semi-precious
stones
350. Which of the following buildings is not situated at Fatehpur Sikri? (a) The Panch Mahal
(b) Moti' Masjid
(c) Tomb of Salim Chishti
(d) The Mariam Palace
351. Which of the following is false?
(a) "A romance in stone" -Jami­
Masjid
(b) "A frozen tear drop "-Taj
Mahal
(c) "If on earth be an Eden of
bliss it is this"-Diwan-i-Khas
in Agra
(d) A poem written by Abul
Fazal-inscribed on .the Tomb
of Salim Chishti
352. Which of the following was a
novelty in Shah Jahan's build­
ings?
(a) Bulbous dome
(b) Makrana marble
(c) Tapering pillars
(d) Gardens
353. "If there were similar portraits finished by several artists, I could point out the painter of each." Who said this?
(a) Akbar (b) Sher Shah
(c) Jahangir (d) .Shah Jahan
354. Match the following
A. Akbar-namah 1. Ishwar Das B. Muntakhab- 2. Inayat Khan
u/-/ubab
C. Shahjahan- 3. KhaifiKhan
namah
D. Fatuhat-i­
A/amgiri
(a) A-4, B-3, C-2, D-l (b) A-I, B-2, C-3, D-4 (c) A-4, B-3, C-1. D-2 (d) A-3, B-4, C-l, D-2
4. Abul Fazl
355. The court language of the Great Mughals was ...
(a) Arabic (b) Persian
(c) Urdu (d) Turki
356. Which of the following statements are true?
I. Aurangzeb was a scholar of
Muslim theology and juris­prudence.
II. Aurangzeb gave the title of Zarrinqa/am to his court poet Mohammad Hussain.
III. Aurangzeb was an accom­
plished Veena player.
IV. Aurangzeb patronised the art
of calligraphy.
(a) I and '~II (b) I, II and IV
(c) I, III and IV (d) II and IV
357. Which of the following are true?
I. Tansen's original name was Tanna Mishra which was changed by Raja Vikramjit of Gwalior.
II. The three ragas, Miyan Ki Todi, Darbari Kmwda and Miyan Ki Ma/har were created by Tansen.
III. Tansen was challenged by Baiju Bawra in a competition of Jugalbandi which Tansen won.
IV. Tansen wrote three famous books on music, namely Sri Ganesh Stotra, Sangeet Sar and
Raagma/a.
(a) I; II and IV
(b) II, III and IV
(c) I and II
(d) III and IV
358. Who succeeded Aurangzeb after his death in 1707 A.D.?
(a) Bahadur Shah I
(b) Prince Kambaksh
(c) Prince Azam
(d) Akbar II
359. Nadir Shah's invasion of India took place during the reign of (a) Jahan Shah
(b) Farrukhsiyar
(c) Muhammad Shah
(d) Alamgir II
360. Arrange the following Mughal rulers chronologically.
I. Bahadur Shah I
II. Bahadur Shah II
III. Farrukhsiyar
IV. Muhammad Shah
V. Shah Alam II
(a) I, III, IV, V, II (b) 1, II, III, IV, V (c) V, IV, III, II, I (d) III, II, V, IV, I
361. Who stabbed Guru Govind Singh to death?
(a) Mahesh Das
(b) Gul Khan
(c) Mir Jafar
(d) Zulfikar Khan
362. Ranjit Singh was the chief of the
mis/.
(a) Sukarchakya
(b) Nakai
(c) Ahluwalia
(d) Ramgarhia
363. The fort of Lohagarh was built by (a) Banda Bahadur
(b) Guru Govind Singh
(c) Ranjit Singh
(d) none of the above

No comments:

Post a Comment