Monday, November 30, 2009

History and Questions

364. Match the following. Asaadat Khan 1. Hyderabad
B. Nizam-ul- 2. Rohilkhand
Mulk
C. Muhammad 3. Avadh
Khan
D. Murshid Kuli 4. Bengal
Khan
(a) A-3, B-1, C-2, D-4 (b) A-I, B-2, C-3, D-4 (c) A-3, B-2, C-l, D-4 (d) A-4, B-2, C-3, D-l
365. Match the following.
Emperors Tombs
A Babur 1. Delhi
B. Humayun 2. Kabul
C. Jahangir 3. Lahore
D. Bahadur Shah II 4. Rangoon
(a) A-2, B-1, C-3, D-4 (b) A-4, B-3, C-2, D-l (c) A-2, B-3, C-l, D-4 (d) A-I, B-4, C-3, D-2
366. Who was known as the 'Plato of
the Jat tribe'?
(a) Gokul
(b) Suraj Mal (c) Badan Singh (d) Kapur Singh
367. Match the following.
A Ulema and 1. Jahangiri
writers
B. Warrior
class
C. Conquest
of new
territories
D. Consolidation 4. Ahl-i-Qalam
of conquered
territories
(a) A-4, B-3, C-l, D-2 (b) A-I, B-2, C-3, D-4 (c) A-3, B-4, C-2, D-l (d) A-4, B-3, C-2, D-l
2. Jahandari
3. Ahl-i-Saif
368. Put in order of their annexation by the Mughal empire.
I. Golconda II. Berar
III. Ahmadnagar IV. Bijapur
(a) I, II, III, IV (b) II, III, IV, I (c) II, III, I, IV (d) I, III, II, IV
369. Which of the following works and writers is/are wrongly matched? 1. Iqbalnama-i-Jahangiri-Jahangir
2. Chahar Chaman-Chandra
Bhan Brahman
3. Alamgirnama-Aurangzeb
4. Nuspha-i-Dilkusha-Bhimsen
Burhampur
(a) 1 and 2
(c) 1 and 3
(b) 2 and 3 (d) 2 and 4
370. Why is Shah Jahan's reign consid­ered the climax of the Mughal period?
I. Export trade flourished
II. There was no external threat
to India
III. The territorial expansion was
at its height.
IV. Financially the state was com­
fortable
(a) I, III and IV (b) II and III
(c) II, III and IV (d) I, II and IV
371. I. The battle of Khanua was of
greater significance than that
of Panipat.
II. It destroyed the Afghan resis­
tance to Mughal rule.
(a) I and II are wrong
(b) I and II are correct and II
explains I
(c) I is correct but II is incorrect
(d) I is wrong but II is correct
372. The Sarak-i-Azam which ran from
the Indus to Sonargaon (in
Bangladesh) was built by
(a) Akbar
(b) Sher Shah
(c) Shah Jahan
(d) none of these
373. Sher Shah is well-known for his administrative skill, especially his (a) market control steps
(b) land revenue system
(c) mansabdari system
(d) law and order
374. Which of the following was/were steps taken by Sher Shah to pro­mote trade and commerce?
1. Making travel safe for traders 2. Building a new highway be­
tween Delhi and Warangal
3. Abolishing internal duties and
levying taxes only at the points
of import and sale
4. Building sera is along roadways
(a) 1, 2 and 3
. (b) 2 and 3
(c) 1, 3 and 4
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
375. During Shivaji's childhood, who among the following exercised the maximum influence on his char­acter?
I. Jija Bai, his mother
II. Dadaji Kondadev, his tutor III. Shahji Bhonsle, his father
(a) I only (b) I and III
(c) I, II and III (d) I and II
376. With whom of the following did Shivaji sign the Treaty of Purandhar in 1665 AD.?
History of India 187
(a) Shaista Khan
(b) Afzal Khan
(c) Jai Singh
(d) Prince Muazzam
377. Who among the following was killed by Shivaji?
(a) Shaista Khan
(b) Vyankoji
(c) Jai Singh
(d) Afzal Khan
378. A fort not associated with Shivaji is that of
(a) Lohagarh (b) Raigarh
(c) Torna (d) Javli
379. Match the following.
A Amatya 1. The Chronicler B Pandit Rao 2. The Foreign
Secretary
3. The Chief Jus­
tice 4. The Auditor 5. The Ecclesiasti­
cal Head
(a) A-4, B-5, C-2, D-l (b) A-I, B-2, C-3, 0-4 (c) A-4, B-1, C-3, D-2 (d) A-3, B-2, C-l, 0-5
C. Sumant
D. Mantri
380. Which uniform unit of measure­ment was introduced by Shivaji for the assessment of land rev­enue?
(a) Gaz (b) Acre
(c) Kathi (d) Tanab
381. Which of the following statements is false?
(a) Kurza-Patti was a levy equal.
to one year's income of the tax-payer realised in time of financial difficulties.
(b) Chauth was one-fourth of the land revenue realised by Shivaji from the neighbouring states.
(c) Sardeshmukhi was an addi­tional tax of 10 per cent im­posed by Shivaji on
neighbouring states as heredi­tary sardeshmukhi of the area.
(d) Shivaji continued the practice of farming out of the revenue.
382. What was Shivaji's objective in imposing chauth and sardesh11lukhi?
(a) He wanted to supplement his financial resources.
(b) He aimed to create spheres of influence.
(c) It was to maintain an army for the protection of his king­dom.
(d) All of the above.

1 comment: